I have been lost in my thoughts the last few days and couldn’t find a funnel to get some of them out into orderly words on a page. Apologies for the day-late forecast : )
I love Scorpio and Capricorn and appreciate their vital and valuable contribution to the zodiac wheel and our cosmic DNA, but oh man, I am always relieved to get a sunny blast of Sagittarius in-between the heavy, dark Scorpio and Cap seasons.
If the tumultuous Scorpionic weather has been dragging you through the trenches over the last month +, this week the Universe will give you an earful of rejuvenating pep talks as we enter into Sagittarius Season late tonight (TUESDAY).
Of course, Jupiter will be in Scorpio until next November 2018, Venus will make her exit from Scorpio’s waters on December 1st, and Mars, still in Libra, will just be beginning its journey into Scorpio on December 9th.
So never worry; if you still have some skeletons to clean out of your closet, you’ve got plenty of time!
And yet… do welcome this light, playful Sagittarian breeze into your soul. Can you feel a shift?
The Scorpio New Moon last SATURDAY (Nov. 18th) launched a new lunation cycle that will take us up until December 17th. As with anything, a month-long lunation cycle has a birth chart – a snapshot of the sky at moment of the New Moon. This is a temporary chart which provides us with some of the major themes we will see play out over the coming month.
The birth chart of this Scorpionic New Moon captures that intense Mars-Pluto square which perfected on SUNDAY. Therefore, as its effects linger throughout the next ~27 days of this lunation cycle, we are faced with our deepest desires and our deepest fears… and the actions and consequences they catalyze.
SOME MARS-PLUTO QUESTIONS FOR REFLECTION:
- What do we really want in life?
- Are our fears holding us back from what our heart truly desires?
- Are we aggressively chasing some ego achievement in order to protect ourselves from facing/feeling inner hurt?
- Are we in touch with our anger? If so, how are we choosing to express and channel it?
- When sexual instincts are super-charged, how do we find release through a healthy expression of sexuality that respects and honours our individuality, our personhood, our boundaries, and that of others?
- How do we define and experience a healthy connection to personal power?
- What does it mean to be powerful?
- What does it mean to be successful?
- If we are driving ourselves toward a certain outcome or victory, what standard are we measuring ourselves against?
- Where did this standard come from?
- Who are we in competition with, and why?
- What might we be trying to prove (and to whom), and why?
Just a few small questions to think about : )
This lunation cycle is incredibly potent, as it also encompasses most of this year’s final Mercury Retrograde cycle (Dec. 3 – 22), most of Sagittarius Season (the Sun is in Sag Nov. 22 – Dec. 21), as well as the final concluding month of Saturn’s long ~3 year sojourn in Sagittarius.
Saturn will exit Sagittarius and enter Capricorn on December 20th, two days after the next New Moon (in Sagittarius, Dec. 18th).
[Clearly, Dec. 20, 21, and 22nd will be a ground-breaking, power-packed solstice period… but that is another story for another day…]
This is the SATURN IN SAGITTARIUS WRAP-UP for all of us (and especially for those finishing up their Saturn Returns, like myself).
Sagittarius is a truth-seeker, freedom-seeker, adventure-seeker. Sagittarius is a traveler, a philosopher and a spiritual guru. Sagittarius is boundless optimism, exciting potentialities, synchronistic opportunities and playful possibilities. Sagittarius is diversity, faith, belief systems, worldviews, and religions.
Saturn is responsibility, duty, obligations, structure, rules, definitions, governments, tangible form, goal-oriented projects, outcomes, foundations, boundaries, restriction, limitation, reality, authenticity, long journeys, endurance, determination… and learning to align with one’s wise inner authority.
Saturn + Sagittarius = a pilgrimage.
A long (difficult) journey that brings us closer and closer to Truth. A serious quest with an important purpose.
During this lunation cycle, as the Sun catches up to Saturn in Sagittarius and we conclude year 2017, we are embarking on the final climb of this pilgrimage, toward our sacred, mountain-top destination.
SOME SATURN IN SAGITTARIUS QUESTIONS FOR REFLECTION:
(refer to your Sagittarius-ruled house in your natal chart to incorporate more personalized themes)
- How far have we journeyed in life, since December 23rd, 2014 when Saturn first entered Sagittarius?
- What life content has been lived during this time?
- How have our beliefs and worldviews changed or developed further?
- How has our spirituality shifted and deepened – and what new forms of spiritual expression have we integrated into our lives?
- Where have we persevered with building and restoring foundations in order to expand into new areas of life and discovering a new sense of freedom?
- In what ways have we patiently constructed launching pads for diving into new opportunities and possibilities?
- How have we been learning to move through fears around risk-taking and leaping into adventures with uncertain outcomes?
- What measuring stick or touchstone have we developed for assessing whether something is true, valid, valuable… or not? Has our assessment measure changed since December 23rd, 2014?
- In what ways have we cultivated a deeper responsibility to ensure that the world’s diversity is free to thrive and expand, rather than subjected to inhibiting restrictions and discrimination?
- How have we been personally challenged by diversity? Where have we chosen to draw a line, a boundary, between what is acceptable and what is not? How have we reacted when different perspectives profoundly contradicted with our own? When has our “open-mindedness” been confronted with something that we could not tolerate?
- In what ways has our faith and hope in governments and broader societal systems been tested and redefined?
- How might we be developing new forms of justice, structure and order that support humanity’s capacity to grow and flourish?
I haven’t even gotten into the week’s day-by-day forecast yet… but really, reflect on those questions this week, and you’re basically covered : )
Yesterday (MONDAY) Mars sextiled the North Node. The day earlier, on SUNDAY, Mercury trined the North Node. Today (TUESDAY) Venus squares the North Node.
That’s a lot of Nodal action. Where is 18 degrees Leo in your chart? This North Node (NN) point has been getting pinged quite a bit over the past couple days. How are you moving and growing toward this call to evolve? Where are you stretching? In what ways are you putting words into action (Mercury + Mars + NN), and setting your intention, your direction, in order to move toward what your heart resonates with – toward what brings you love, life, joy, passion and pleasure (Venus + NN in Leo)?
As Venus in Scorpio sextiles Pluto in Capricorn (TUESDAY – but effective a few days in both directions), we may be connecting with our own self-worth, friends, lovers, money, art and pleasure, in more profound and healing ways.
Shame isolates. Our insecurities build walls around us. The secret wounds we harbor – the ones that we mistakenly believe render us unworthy and unlovable – corrode relationships. They sever connection.
Venus sextile Pluto invites the types of courageous, vulnerable acts of connection that chisel through walls and re-establishes intimacy and closeness.
TUESDAY night (11:04 pm AST), the Sun enters Sagittarius, bringing Sag’s enthusiasm and big-picture, future-oriented vision into our lives – a shift away from Scorpio’s emotional waters.
On WEDNESDAY Neptune stations Direct! Neptune’s retrograde period began on June 16th, 2017. Did you take notes or journal at this time? What happened for you around this date? You may see something come full circle in relation to spirituality, dreams, compassion, love, inspiration and creativity. The stationing dates of planets are always significant and often have a fated quality about them.
This week feels deeply spiritual for multiple reasons. I recently read an interview with Palmer Parker (an author I appreciate deeply). I believe his words about suffering and depression spoke to the gift of both Scorpio/Pluto (freedom through facing your shadow and having it witnessed by others), and the gift of Neptune/Pisces (healing through recognizing the interconnectedness of the human race while increasing your capacity for compassion):
“Another way to say this is that you become less afraid of other people’s suffering. You’re more willing to be present to it in a faithful, abiding way because you’re no longer treating it as a sort of contagious disease that you too might catch. You’ve been hollowed out by your own suffering, which makes space inside you for the suffering of other people. You’re better able to offer an empathetic presence to them.”
“In this way, you start to develop a sense of community which, in an odd way, begins to normalize the problem. Empathy born of suffering says to you, “We’re all in this together, and this is part of the human experience.” Since having the experience of depression three times and emerging on the other side, it’s very clear to me that the most important words I can say to someone who comes to me with almost any form of suffering—after I’ve listened to them deeply, after I’ve attended to them profoundly—are, “Welcome to the human race!”
“No matter how horrendous their experience, there’s nothing in me that wants to say, “I can’t bear to hear this!” or “How could you ever let such a thing happen?” or “Now you’ve taken yourself to the margins of the human community.” On the contrary, what I want to say is: “Welcome to the human race. Now you enter the company of those who have experienced some of the deepest things a human being can experience.” So you start to make meaning of it, it seems to me, by realizing that this incredibly isolating experience called “depression”—and it’s isolating to a greater extent than I imagined survivable—ultimately reconnects you with the human community in a deeper, wider, and richer way.”
Everyone’s experience of pain and suffering is personal and unique. And yet, recognizing that we all participate in a common human experience (whatever it is) can be a relief. If we are able to enter into this truth at a deep level, it can dismantle many of the shame-based barriers we have erected to protect ourselves from the vulnerability of human connection.
FRIDAY may put these Neptunian insights to the test, as we are confronted with Mercury square Chiron. We may have some difficult conversations… or a painful dialogue with our own thoughts that bring up old issues. As always, there is the potential to move gently toward the hurt, and melt the defenses and criticism with compassion.
SATURDAY’s Mercury-Uranus trine sends us catapulting through the Chironic wound, to an expansive and freeing breakthrough.
SUNDAY brings us another Chiron aspect, as Venus creates a gentle trine with the wounded healer of the sky while sextiling Hygeia. Again, we are gently urged to move beyond our protective walls, to connect – with ourselves and with others. A greater sense of health and wellbeing is restored when we no longer let our insecurities and wounds hold our life energy hostage and inhibit our ability to enter into relationships.
Also on SUNDAY, we will find ourselves beneath the First Quarter Moon (1:02 pm AST), with the Moon in Pisces squaring the Sun in Sagittarius (both at 4 degrees). Pisces and Sagittarius are both versatile, adaptive, mutable signs that run strong with inspiration, creativity, spirituality and a big-picture perspective. However, while Sagittarius can sometimes be abrasively insensitive with expressing its opinions and its beliefs, Pisces is acutely sensitive to every single subtle shift in the energy, the environment or someone’s facial expression or tone of voice.
At this time, a ¼ of the way through the current lunation cycle, you may need to draw on Pisces’ intuitive and compassionate capacity in order to move forward into Sagittarius’ expansive promise.
Here’s a summary of this week’s cosmic weather…
MONDAY (Nov. 20th):
• Mars (in Libra) sextile North Node (in Leo)
TUESDAY (Nov. 21st):
• Venus (in Scorpio) sextile Pluto (in Capricorn)
• Venus (in Scorpio) square the Nodal Axis (North Node in Leo, South Node in Aquarius)
• Sun leaves Scorpio and enters Sagittarius
WEDNESDAY (Nov. 22nd):
• Neptune Stations Direct at 11 degrees Pisces
FRIDAY (Nov. 24th):
• Mercury (in Sagittarius) square Chiron (in Pisces)
SATURDAY (Nov. 25th):
• Mercury (in Sagittarius) trine Uranus (in Aries)
SUNDAY (Nov. 26th):
• Venus (in Scorpio) trine Chiron (in Pisces), sextile Hygeia (in Capricorn)
• FIRST QUARTER MOON @ 1:02 pm AST @ 4 degrees Pisces (squaring the Sun at 4 deg. Sagittarius)
P.S. I hope to offer personalized astrological consultations in the near-ish future. I created a survey to help inform this development, which I would be ever so pleased if you were to fill out 🙂 You can find it here. All questions are optional, so if you are short on time and don’t want to answer all 10 questions, just scroll to the bottom whenever and click “Done”. Thanks in advance!
I’d like to collect a few more responses, and then I will crunch some of the anon results to share. I’ve found it super interesting and helpful so far – thanks to everyone who has responded!
Pssst… for additional and more frequent cosmic weather updates, follow Lilith Rebellion on Instagram and Facebook. To receive a weekly cosmic weather overview by email, subscribe to Lilith Rebellion email updates. The week’s cosmic weather forecast will be published on the blog every Monday, with periodic additional posts to mark important cosmic events.